• @Gordon, my university where I'm teaching might want to purchase a workshop package of 10 pcs. If we do it through Kickstarter, will it be possible to get an "official" invoice of that, either from you or Kickstarter? In the invoice we'd probably also like to include the 1 pc I've pledged with my personal credit card.

Also, I understood that VAT is included for shipping to EU, I hope this is similarly as when ordering from any web-shop outside the EU? Meaning that (if I've understood it correctly) the VAT part is deductable.

• Ok, got confirmation that we want to purchase 10 pcs + 1 that I already pledged for. What amount should I pledge for in Kickstarter? Is it 479 GBP (workshop) + 49 GBP (early bird) = 528 GBP + shipping fee of ??? GBP

Questions in above post are also still valid.

• Hi! I'll be providing official invoices for the KickStarter, and yes, you should be able to claim VAT back on those.

However if you want to be able to have one personal and one for the university, would you be able to just create a separate KickStarter account and pledge twice?

If you try and do it on one pledge then it'll be really difficult to account for and ship. Trying to ship two invoices in one package for two different people is just a recipe for disaster I'm afraid.

• Actually all 11 of them would be for the university, since this got approval they'll reimburse me for all, not just for 10. Also, all can be shipped in one package to same address.
    I'd use my personal credit card to pledge for all 11, thus I guess no need for two accounts. I just need to know what amount to change the existing pledge to.

• @ThomasVikström, excellent, glad to hear that. I used Bangle.js in private, one to one one teaching setup, and Puck too, because they all hav a nice completeness - in a box, with input and output, and are very inspiring to students to come up with all kinds of useful gadget applications. Pixle works for that too - it has even a better output than Puck, but the boxed aspect is missing: it looks like a raw, naked piece of hardware that needs a skin to enter the real usage world.

• Yeah, I also have a few Pucks that unfortunately have not been used that much. As you also write, I like to have something boxed, while a PCB at it best can be seen as some type of art, it's better and safer to have some enclosure.
    Now, just waiting for @Gordon to say how much I should pledge for 11 watches including EU shipping.

• Ok, great! Sorry for the delay (I got a lot of messages over the weekend!).

It'd just be:

• 479 GBP (workshop)
    • 49 GBP (early bird)
    • 30 (workshop shipping to EU)

So if you keep your Early Bird reward selected but pledge £558 you'll be sorted - and then I can give you one VAT invoice for all 11 Bangles?

• No worries. I also asked on Kickstarter as I was not sure of if you have time to read the forums. Will pledge £558. One VAT invoice is ok for all 11 of them.

• Perfect, thanks!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle JS 2/Kickstarter - Possible to get invoice for workshop package (10 pcs)?

Posted by Avatar for ThomasVikström @ThomasVikström

Actions