You are reading a single comment by @Tx and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thank you for the detailed explanation! Most of it is well above my pay grade. If I read it right, the answer to my question is "no".

I am not a developer and won't be flashing any other software. I will leave that for folks with different talents than I have. I will just be using the watch and the software others have the talent to program for the community.

When I said mentioned my purchase decision what attracts me to the project is it was advertised as "open source" in the 1st article I read, then I was told it isn't fully open source. I am trying to move as much of my electronic life to open source projects.

• When I said mentioned my purchase decision what attracts me to the project is it was >advertised as "open source" in the 1st article I read, then I was told it isn't fully open source. > I am trying to move as much of my electronic life to open source projects.

Then this one is for you. The software is fully open source.

There are also regulatory reasons for closed firmware, since in some countries you are not allowed to change the way the radio system works since it may cause interference with other wireless products and they will loose their general operating license.

About