• try to have the source files inside wsl, I see paths like /mnt/c/Users/robin/Espruino this is asking for trouble due to differencies in filename case sensitivity and windows file timestamps, see also https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows­/wsl/filesystems (and someone having similar issues here )

since you also installed random stuff on windows side of things I'd try also to disable windows-wsl interoperability so you know only linux native stuff is run for 'make', 'arm-none-eabi-gcc' etc, not mixed windows/linux. This is configured in /etc/wsl.conf

$ cat /etc/wsl.conf
    # after change run in powershell Restart-Service LxssManager
    [interop]
    enabled=false
    appendWindowsPath=false

you can see if you have windows path prepended by running echo $PATH you should see only linux paths there. The easiest temporary fix for this is also to just change your path variable - before running make try something like export PATH=/home/robin/.local/bin:/usr/local/s­bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/s­bin:/bin and exlude paths pointing to windows - /mnt/c/whatever

• Fri 2021.10.01

Install comment: I thought I was installing the files within WSL using the git link to clone the respository from within the terminal window. I'll go back over those steps again, to validate.

A lot to digest there, but I believe you have hit the nail on the head with your quick eye and analysis regarding the case sensitivity.

Thank you @fanoush as with that quick response, will give me a good head start on checking that all out this weekend starting early Saturday morning. I'll have my work cut out for me!!

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started