notifications (default and fullscreen)

Posted on
  • These two apps are mutually exclusive as they overwrite the same Notify file, and the last installed will be the active one.

But as a user you don't need to know that, so following things can happen:

• having both installed and you don't understand why it is big or small
    • having both installed, you uninstall one, you see one at AppsLoader but notifications doesn't work

I think the appLoader should manage and control mutually exclusive apps. What do you think?

• Yes, definitely. The app loader should be able to check and remove the other app. Same for launchers.

• Hmm - if one overwrites the other I dont see how you could have both installed at the same time. There will only ever be one notify file on the device. But there would be a unique info file on the bangle so the app loader should know which one is installed ? At the moment I delete both just to make sure then install the one I want.

Would it not be possible to have one notify module and have it configurable fullscreen / pop up style notifications ?

• There will only ever be one notify file on the device. But there would be a unique info file on the bangle

Yes, that's the problem

Would it not be possible to have one notify module and have it configurable fullscreen / pop up style notifications ?

Yes, and it may have been easier. However the idea was to allow other developers to make different styles of notifications that could be installed, so you had a choice - it's just that nobody has actually done that yet.

• I guess time will tell - which is the best way to go.
    Fullscreen works best for me at the moment.

• Hello, I'm interested in developing a banglejs app that can receive phone notifications from web sites. Where can I start/look? just forking notifications app?

Why pasting notify.js from github on the web ide and saving it on the watch does not work?

• Hi, when the 'Notifications' app at https://banglejs.com/apps/#notification is installed, you can the use it like a library. For instance:

require("notify").show({id:1, title:"Test", body:"Some Alert"});

Check out the 'Read more' link on https://banglejs.com/apps/#notification for some examples.

• I have tried it with both the normal notifications and the fullscreen notifications. I don’t see a difference. Is it subtle? In either case, for example, I still see the widgets at the top of the screen.

• Are you running this on a Bangle.js 2? Because on the Bangle.js 2 you're really meant to be using the Android and Messages apps - which use a different way of displaying notifications.

As far as I know the non-fullscreen notifications should not even install on Bangle.js 2 (they don't work) so you're stuck with fullscreen

• I have an iPhone, and use the IOS integration with Messages. When I saw the word “fullscreen” I was hoping notifications would have enough screen real estate to use a larger font. But maybe it is already as good as it gets.

• Ahh, yes, you don't have other options right now then.

However the latest Messages app allows you to tap on the message to get a fullscreen, scrollable view.

There's also some talk of removing the buttons (maybe via a menu option) and using swipes instead.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

notifications (default and fullscreen)

Posted by Avatar for dapgo @dapgo

Actions