You are reading a single comment by @Asynchronous and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Yes, it's something I really wanted to add out of the box as well, although it does present some challenges for waterproofing. Unfortunately I can't get it designed in to the actual watch as I'm just not shifting the volumes of devices that I can get something custom made (most manufacturers want 10x what I'm selling before they'll consider something custom).

However, on the Bangle you could add something without too much pain if you were willing to sacrifice the heart rate monitor.

You can see on https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js+TechnĀ­ical#heart-rate-monitor-pcb that on the left-hand side there's HRM power, GND, and the analog output of the HRM. If you unsoldered those two resistors (next to the 'R4' text) then you could solder on a powered MEMS microphone.

It'd be fiddly for sure, but it's definitely doable. The microcontroller already has an ADC internally on that pin, so you could read in ~8kHz audio data - although realistically you probably want the lowest sample rate you can because of the small amount of RAM available

About