• If you have a multimeter that can measure current then you could power the Puck from the gnd/3v pin on it and then measure power consumption that way?

It's not super accurate that way but it should be good enough to give you an idea what's going on.

Did you connect anything else? I know if D28 is shorted high at boot, it's assumed that is a serial console and then the on-chip serial peripheral is powered up - which can draw ~1mA which sounds like the kind of power draw you're seeing

• would be a bit hard to measure with multimeter if I need to keep it in the dark.
    Apart from LDR there is nothing else attached. Are you saying that serial console is enabled by default? Would have thought that it would only be needed when someone connects to the client.
    What are your suggestions on saving power? I was planning to leave it as is and when battery runs flat I would just replace with a fresh one and see how long it will last. Maybe then replace with 2x1.5 AA battery pack or just replace with esp32

About

Avatar for user130485 @user130485 started