• Great that the Holyot YJ-17095 board supports the DC/DC regulator!
    It seems that the FEASYCOM FSC-BT630 board supports the DC/DC regulator too (see board datasheet, page 11, 4. PHYSICAL INTERFACE, 4.1 Power Supply).

I will compare power consumption of the FEASYCOM FSC-BT630 used as a beacon, programmed using Espruino, for all the different setting combinations (as soon as I receive it).

AVERAGE POWER CONSUMPTION (in uA @ 3V):

Low-Frequency Oscillator / Internal Power Supply Regulator LDO (Default) DC/DC
    Internal RC Circuit (Default) ? ?
    External 32.768 kHz Crystal ? ?

To let the bootloader take into account the new reset pin definition D3, I modified my board definition file with 'BTN1' : { 'pin' : 'D3', 'pinstate' : 'IN_PULLDOWN' } and invoked make with argument BOOTLOADER=1. Is this enough?

The Espruino documentation is top-notch and the file entitled Espruino Internals: Build Process explains how to enable the low-frequency crystal and the DC/DC converter as well:

'makefile' : [
         'DEFINES += -DESPR_LSE_ENABLE ', # to enable low-frequency crystal
         'DEFINES += -DESPR_DCDC_ENABLE', # to enable DC/DC converter

@Gordon : Can you tell me how to get the Donated badge under my name in the forum? I did donate during the Bangle.js Kickstarter campaign and I own official Espruino boards (Pico, Puck.js) + your book.

• I modified my board definition file with 'BTN1' : { 'pin' : 'D3', 'pinstate' : 'IN_PULLDOWN' } and invoked make with argument BOOTLOADER=1. Is this enough?

The line 'bootloader' : 1, here enables bootloader and it is built as part of running make. If you use SWD you can even disable bootloader by setting value 0 there to make it more simple. Anyway when checking MDBT42Q.py board definition now, there is also LED1 on pin D1 so that one needs to be moved too. LED1 is optional so you can remove it completely. Button is also optional if you disable bootloader. Also you can set the default_console to EV_BLUETOOTH if you want to remove serial pin definitions too.

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started