Gadgetbridge "notify-" not reliable

Posted on
  • Hi Everyone,
    when there is for example a Signal notification about a text message and I open Signal on my phone the notification disappears (on the phone) but I do not get a "notify-" event via gadgetbridge. Is that expected?

If yes -> What is the best practise here?

-Maxi

• That's odd - maybe report the issue to Gadgetbridge? Is notify- reported for other apps' notifications?

• Hey again,
    looks like it was a bug in my implementation ;) I wasn't sure if notify- was supposed to fire everytime, thats why I asked ;).

For some reason my mail/calendar app is not triggering a notify tho. How is gadgetbridge deciding when to fire a notify? And where can I find the impl. of the bangle.js in gadgetbridge?

• How is gadgetbridge deciding when to fire a notify?

There is a list of allowed apps I believe. I actually tried to get a change into Gadgetbridge right here which allowed you to add apps to that whitelist. It never got reviewed/merged though :(

And where can I find the impl. of the bangle.js in gadgetbridge?

Just clone https://codeberg.org/Freeyourgadget/Gadg­etbridge and look for anything with 'Bangle' in the name :)

./app/src/main/java/nodomain/freeyourgad­get/gadgetbridge/devices/banglejs/Bangle­JSConstants.java
    ./app/src/main/java/nodomain/freeyourgad­get/gadgetbridge/devices/banglejs/Bangle­JSSampleProvider.java
    ./app/src/main/java/nodomain/freeyourgad­get/gadgetbridge/devices/banglejs/Bangle­JSCoordinator.java
    ./app/src/main/java/nodomain/freeyourgad­get/gadgetbridge/service/devices/banglej­s/BangleJSDeviceSupport.java

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Gadgetbridge "notify-" not reliable

Posted by Avatar for sauerman @sauerman

Actions