You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • OK - its not good news I'm afraid. My test strategoy was to wear the Bangle and an Amafit bip from midnight onwards. Sleep with the watches on, go about my normal work day, mostly sat down, a couple of short walks of the dog etc. At 6pm I took both watches off and recorded the step count.

Bangle: 9902 and Amazfit Bip: 4479.

When I woke up in the morning the Bangle was on about 1200 steps to the Amizfit Bip 200 or so.

The idea of testing recorded accelerometer samples against the C code is good, but something is making it not work out in practice. At the end of the day its only the field test result that counts.

I like the javascript idea and might try and produce a widget out of the code you did.
    I looked at the javascript code and made a few comments and have some questions that I will post. Apologies in advance I have never done anything with digital filters before and there will be a bit of learning curve on some of the javascript.

I have had a look at a couple of papers on step counting out of curiosity so might try out a few things. I'm away for a few weeks in July so progress might be slow.

About