You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks! That's really interesting! I think in the absence of ratings, thumbsup/down could be good.

Screenshots... It's easy to overlook for people who just spent a lot of time staring at the app while developing it.

Well, it's mainly because I don't want to ask people to take a photo of their watch - it feels like it won't give a good screenshot unless you're really careful and is a lot of effort. I wanted to get a decent way to do screenshots - but once that is done I think having a JSON field for the screenshot would be great.

Talking of which.... I'd been meaning to allow the emulator to run apps containing multiple files, which would at least open the door to screenshots for a lot more apps.

I have just come up with a quick hack (which I'd been meaning to do for ages) which allows you to render a screenshot direct from the watch. It's really slow though: http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­364715

Still, if this works reliably on most apps I could build it into Bangle.js which should at least make it a little faster.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started