You are reading a single comment by @Serj and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • (c) wiki: As of 2020, versions of the NPS are now used by two-thirds of Fortune 1000 companies.

So that's what it's called! Interesting, thanks for the link @HughB

Net Promoter Score (NPS) - fits very well. In fact, on the one hand, this is an assessment for the apps on a wider scale (10 versus 5 stars), on the other hand, it is a recommendation. And here it is logical that the most recommended apps will be tagged "Recommended". Next, the top rate apps will be automatically collected in a separate tab-tag. In addition to such a recommendation, a small comment with an explanation should be written; without a comment, the rating cannot be increased or decreased. And such comments can be marked as #thumbs up - #thumbs down. Because comments can be out of date or false. @Gordon wrote about something similar above.

And it may be psychologically more comfortable to rate NPS than classic rating stars. "A bad rating" and "a lack of recommendation" sounds different.

If #thumbs up - #thumbs down is set as a rating for apps, then now I see problems with this. For example, we have 10 stopwatches apps and I like them all in their own way, I put everyone #thumbs up + comment. But most likely other users will want to see a more flexible rating system. It will also be a plus for the developer - it is clear that the app is just good/neutral, but not great.

Download statistics are really not a very reliable metric. But I would still like to have such statistics at hand in the App Loader. It's interesting at least.

About