You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Great discussion. Another option might be a thumbs up and a thumbs down. As an App developer I'd want to see at least a 1 line comment as to the reason for the thumbs up / down though. Eg - dont dis my app if you dont tell me why and please give me some credit / thanks if you like the App. Download stats probably is misleading. I've tried most of the Apps - often as there was no README or screenshots and it was the only way to make an assessment of the App. Taking photos of the Apps with your phone is quite time consuming. I often have to take 5 ot 6 shots before I get a decent one and before the LCD times out etc. Then I have to crop them and resize etc. Some ability to grab a standard 240x240 pixel png screenshot through IDE would be useful.

As for those sending the watch back as they dont like the Apps - then why not get learning javascript and start writing better apps. The whole point of an open source smartwatch is that its for tweaking and configuring. The bangle is not the prettiest of watches but it is the only one I know of where you can truly get control of the GPS chip. The Amafit Bip has reasonably good GPS but all you can get out of it is a lat and lon - such a waste of the hardware, and 6 out of 10 to Amizfit for not going the extra mile and writing the software to make a useful wrist based GPS app. Likewise when I use a FitBit Charge HR - I was always wondering why they never had a built in sedentary timer in them as it would have been an easy feature to provide. Its something I could code one day on the Bangle.

About