You are reading a single comment by @Serj and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • then even though I said I'm not that sure about it, I think a 'suggested' apps tag does make sense

Well, it can be temporarily. Such a tag is now the fastest way to improve. And after the ratings and comments are added - the "Suggested" tag can be removed.

Regarding how this tag should be called:

For example, what about this: "Recommended by community"? Or "Suggested by community." Or "Approved by community." And here on the forum, open the topic and discuss which applications should be by such a tag. On the other hand, the discussion will require a time that can be spent on adding ratings and comments :)

"Popular" - not bad. Pretty good option, by the way.
    Another ideas for the tag: "in trends".

I would like to hear the opinions and ideas of other people.

• Recommended is good. Popular is what it says on the tin - easy to understand. IE most people liked it and would recommend it. If we want to get complicated then you could use the Net Promoter Score system (NPS). You ask people 'how likely are you to recommend this app to others'. 7 is discounted as sitting on the fence. 1-6 are detractors and 8,9,10 are promoters. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Promot­er. But I think keep it simple (#thumbs up - #thumbs down).

About