You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I think how long an App has been around has some bearing on it

Yes, absolutely - the pre-installed apps will obviously have a big boost too.

Ratings are definitely on my list of things to do, it just means moving away from a totally static site (perhaps just adding an API via espruino.com).

I totally get the reasoning for not having ratings on something that is provided for free, but also I think there's a pretty big benefit to users in having them. Comments would be valuable, but without a rating it's hard to users to easily find the best apps.

I've had a reasonable amount of Bangle.js returns (which ends up being expensive for me) because of the quality of the software, and while obviously the firmware itself isn't totally polished, I think if there were a clear path for people to find the best apps then perhaps a few of those returns would have been avoided and more people would be happy.

I feel like actually any feedback is good. I think a lot of users do avoid posting GitHub issues for feedback, so if there were a way to post comments it might help - not just for criticism, but for advice/tips/suggestions too.

One thing that might help is to keep track of how many apps are installed on Bangles at this moment (rather than downloads), but honestly I think there may be privacy concerns there.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started