• Dear Administrator,

I hope that you are in good health.

I am working on an application for transmitting a 500 Hz biosignal from an external signal acquisition device wirelessly to a computer or another remote device. For this design, I require a board with an in-built ADC along with a wireless transceiver (preferably Bluetooth for stable connection). While searching the internet, I stumbled upon the Espruino MDBT42Q module.

I have some experience with Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy using Red Bear Nano modules; however, as far as I remember, they could only provide 125 Hz using the Arduino IDE.

My main requirements are as follows:

1) Sample transmission and receive at at least 2 kHz to overcome the signal of 500 Hz at its highest frequency.
    2) A module compact in size which can be fitted in a rectangular space of 18 mm x 30 mm.
    3) Must have an ADC module to input analogue signals.

To the best of my understanding, I found Espruino MDBT42Q which uses the Nordic Semiconductor nRF52832 the most appropriate to my application. I would be grateful if you can let me know if my understanding is correct. I would also be grateful if you could provide me with other options with improved features i.e. smaller size, higher resolution ADC, faster transmit/receive.

I have an additional question regarding programming the Espruino MDBT420 board. I was reading the "Getting Started" page and I found out that the device can programmed wirelessly using a Web IDE provided we have a compatible in built Bluetooth module and Web Bluetooth. Have I understood that correctly?

I would be grateful for any replies.

Thank you.

ZJ

About

Avatar for user129301 @user129301 started