• @Levon please could you post up a complete example that shows the problem of setInterval messing with the clocks?

The calibration should take around 2 seconds I believe. Originally we used to delay execution of JS until everything had settled down but there were complaints about that, so now we just get started immediately.

I'm pretty sure that actually setting a timeout/interval during the calibration phase won't mess everything up, as those never touch the system time (just read it). However during those initial few seconds, they may fire faster/slower than usual.

Clock drift is tricky - @Levon which version of Original board do you have? I think the original boards didn't have a low speed oscillator crystal (part X3). Also if you're using pin C15 I believe that can stop the external oscillator from working.

Because Espruino tries to use the RTC as a base, if there is no external oscillator installed/working then it'll use the internal RC oscillator, which really isn't that accurate and would cause the time drift

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started