You are reading a single comment by @gdanov and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks, once again!

I had two major problems:

• the infamous brownout detector. Solved with capacitor
    • total mess w.r.t. dev process and flashing code. Spent good deal of time on the "saving code..." page but still not 100% confident I'm doing it right. I obviously had hot mess of setInterval handlers.

It's big progress because now the probe works for hours without any issues.

• Mon 2021.05.10

from post #12
    'Spent good deal of time'
    'but still not 100% confident I'm doing it right'
    'had hot mess of setInterval handlers'

Here on day three now, it is discovered that it was coding to start with, and not the false assumption:

from post #1 'How stable/dependable is espruino? Can I rely on it'

Heck, when I first posted here, I couldn't even spell 'Espruino' let alone write a code block. That was five years ago. Myself and even the others that posted here to assist your endevour, also suggested posting that code to speed things up. @MaBe helped me four years ago, staying with me to the wee hours solving a WiFi mystery in 'sta' mode, and @AkosLukacs having a different take on a rounding issue assisted in finding the suitable solution to that issue. Even @Gordon has spent countless hours assisting us all, creating well laid out tutorial examples, along with excellent resolution explanations. But to get to that point, was the need to upload my code.

But for some reason, several still find getting going, or navigating the site somewhat of a struggle. This is where I'm asking if you could help us with a few words.

'Thanks, once again!'

I'm glad that detail assisted to resolve your issue, as the forum here does generously assist grattis those within the Espruino community.

And for that @gdanov , I am personally asking for some 'quid pro quo' content to assist us in providing better documentation. As a fair offset, would you please explain the reluctance to have just uploaded some code from the beginning?

Maybe it's as simple as you are working on the next Elon Musk SpaceX project and want to keep it under wraps, or maybe you are creating a full tutorial to demo your results here to the Espruino community. Although I shouldn't speak for the others, I'm sure from their contribution efforts here, that as do I, would like to learn this simple response.

Thank you gdanov for an explanation,

Robin

About

Avatar for gdanov @gdanov started