• Just got a new Espruino PICO for Adafruit... Thought I would update the firmware.

I'm seeing the onboard LED's flashing happily, and when I get into the flashing app all seems to be well, until right after I select the Espruino PICO as my target for upgrade.

When I select the "next" button, it just silently returns to the web IDE in Chrome with no observable effect.

Is there anything I can run from the command line to see what's happening? I have every flavor of ARM programmer available, and most ST Linux utilities installed on this Ubuntu 20.10 image, but since the boot-loader appears to be sane, I was hoping from something simple :)

Thanks!

• This is what dmesg reports, seems OK.

[ 1865.522240] usb 3-9.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
    [ 1865.522242] usb 3-9.2: Product: STM32 Virtual ComPort
    [ 1865.522243] usb 3-9.2: Manufacturer: STMicroelectronics
    [ 1865.522244] usb 3-9.2: SerialNumber: 00000000001A
    [ 1865.551474] cdc_acm 3-9.2:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
    [ 1865.559307] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_acm
    [ 1865.559309] cdc_acm: USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and

• OK, all well, just needed to power down and then reset everything by re-inserting the PICO.

I'm surprised I didn't get some sort of confirmation when the PICO was upgraded correctly from the Web interface?

1 Attachment

• Screenshot from 2021-05-02 10-43-20.png
  • Working OK.

• Working screen-cap... having issues with this attachment.

• Sun 2021.05.02

'I'm surprised I didn't get some sort of confirmation when the PICO was upgraded correctly from the Web interface?'

On Dis-Connect, Re-Connect, did the 'Epsruino' banner and version display?

Results of process.env ?

It is also possible to view the log messages from within the WebIDE.

From the upper right hand corner

WebIDE >> Settings >> Console

• Thank you! Just what I wanted to see ...

• Glad you got it sorted! I am surprised at the lack of confirmation though. Usually when firmware is updated you should see a popup saying 'firmware update complete' or similar...

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Espruino PICO version upgrade failure, little help ...

Posted by Avatar for RandallSY @RandallSY

Actions