You are reading a single comment by @fanoush and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I have been using Espruino on an Gokoo M11 watch, with broadly similar specs to a Pinetime or older model of Colmi P8.
    It includes a BMA421 accelerometer and an HRS3300 heart rate monitor. The former also offers built in step counter as seen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqnowZd2­_KQ

I can use this C++ code library successfully (on the ATCWatch Arduino firmware) to step count and to wake the watch.
    Is there any way to implement this for Espruino - or do I need to create my own build and compile the driver into it?

• Is there any way to implement this for Espruino - or do I need to create my own build and compile the driver into it?

yes, both ways are possible. if you want to use that library 'as is' then linking it to your espruino build may be much easier. otherwise it can be done from inline C or even JS if it is not too complicated - just read/write registers according to datasheet and setting a watch on interrupt pin

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started