New Seal

Posted on
  • I had some moisture behind the screen on my bangle and when I opened it up the seal had cut. I've taken a look in the shop but doesn't look like the seal is for sale. Does anyone know the dimensions/specifications for it so I can see if I can source it elsewhere?

• Hi - sorry to hear this - I'm surprised the seal had actually broken though. Do you think it had got crimped in the case?

I'll drop you an email now and I'll get a new one posted to you.

• I just moved house in the last couple of weeks so it's possible that when carrying boxes it got squeezed a bit more than typical use. When I opened up the back the seal had a fairly clean cut and filled about 75% of the groove which explains the moisture.

• That is very strange - the Bangle case is pretty solid so I wouldn't have thought that anything like carrying boxes would be enough to break the seal.

Hopefully the new one will be with you soon and that'll fix it - hopefully it hasn't caused any damage to the innards (but it'd be worth leaving it with the case open somewhere warm for a while just to ensure that there isn't any trapped moisture)

• Level of moisture was fairly low, more like condensation but I've got it disassembled following your suggestion. Looking at the case it appears the seal groove has a slightly sharp edge around the vertical groove the screen cover slots into. I'll try and dress it to remove so I don't have the same issue again.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

New Seal

Posted by Avatar for user127659 @user127659

Actions