Puck.js doesn't show in chrome macos espruino ide

Posted on
  • Newbie. Managed to update firmware. nRF connect app can see my puck (non DFU) and connect to it.
    Extension installed in chrome, all enabled, everything seems good.
    Choose connect in web ide then...Web Bluetooth - chrome pops a window sayin espruino.com wants to connect and it shows scanning but the device never appears.
    Any suggestions?

Web IDE log says this - note - it's not me cancelling, it just times out after a while

Connection Failed: NotFoundError: User cancelled the requestDevice() chooser.
    Connecting...
    Set Slow Write = true
    BT> Starting device chooser
    BT> ERROR: NotFoundError: User cancelled the requestDevice() chooser.
    ERROR: [notify_error] Connection Failed: NotFoundError: User cancelled the requestDevice() chooser.
    Connecting...
    Set Slow Write = true
    BT> Starting device chooser
    BT> ERROR: NotFoundError: User cancelled the requestDevice() chooser.
    ERROR: [notify_error] Connection Failed: NotFoundError: User cancelled the requestDevice() chooser.

• We just had someone with exactly this problem so I'm actually pretty confident saying it's this: http://www.espruino.com/Troubleshooting+­BLE#i-can-t-see-any-bluetooth-devices-fr­om-web-bluetooth-on-mac-os

Mac OS's Security & Privacy settings may be blocking Chrome.

Try: System Preferences —> Security & Privacy —> Bluetooth -> Add Google Chrome

Likely what happened is a while back Chrome asked for Bluetooth permissions and you said no - but now you want to use Web Bluetooth it's blocked and can no longer access Bluetooth devices.

• Thanks so much Gordon, that was exactly it. Seems stupidly obvious now that I didn't get to that myself after restarting everything and convincing myself it wasn't a security thing because no alert from chrome. I'm off an running, what an incredible gadget this is.

• Thanks - glad that fixed it for you!

I've filed a bug with the Chrome dev team, so hopefully in a month or so Chrome will be a bit more friendly to other users with the same problem :)

• Just a note to say this appears to have been fixed in Chrome already. When Chrome 89 rolls out to everyone this should all be sorted. (issue here)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Puck.js doesn't show in chrome macos espruino ide

Posted by Avatar for user126670 @user126670

Actions