• Hi all,

I've succeeded to load Espruino IDE locally on Firefox and I'm very very happy.
    I'm playing with it every day with some little personal success.

Is loading code from BangleApps Loader better than do the same through Espruino IDE?

Loading into IDE text area my app code already deployed on Bangle storage is easy and "Copy to clipboard" button is shown in the interface.
    When I try to load into IDE text area app code loaded onto Bangle directly from BangleApps Loader the same button is not shown, but I can see only hex coded string.

Code loaded from BangleApps Loader seems compressed and minified, so I think it could be more efficient looking at space consumption.

I've tried to start BangleApps Loader locally in the same way I've done with IDE, but no luck, cause the notification "This Web Browser doesn't support Web Bluetooth. Please click Ok to see instructions for enabling it." always appear.

Is it possible to start BangleApps Loader into Firefox in the same way of IDE?

Thanks all, for great work.

Massimiliano

• During development I tend to repeatedly upload the same file again and again. So in the IDE I click on the disk icon, select upload file, browse to the source directory and select the file. I also found it saves time if you just call the source file the same as it will be when it is deployed through the App Loader. So instead of something generic like app.js, which will have to be renamed before upload, use myappid.app.js. Its is useful not to have the code mimified during development as you can recover a file you accidently delete in your sourec tree by downloading it from the bangle.

• In terms of development, I'd say the Web IDE is definitely the way to go. The BangleApps loader is just good at uploading lots of files at once and making it easy - so if you're using someone else's app I'd say definitely use that.

However as you note, it won't go with Firefox. You need a web browser with Web Bluetooth support in it like Chrome, Edge or Opera - but you could just use an Android phone if needed.

Also: you can enable minification & pretokenisation in the IDE if you want - which does save some space and increase speed. I wouldn't recommend it for debugging though!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Is there a difference between loading apps from BagleApps Loader and Espruino IDE?

Posted by Avatar for user123768 @user123768

Actions