You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • The adafruit code appears to actually connect to the thermometer rather than just looking at advertisements, so I don't know how useful that is.

It looks to me like the advertising is using a different format to the one other Xiaomi thermometers use. It's probably better to do:

function parseDevice(device) {
      console.log(device.serviceData["fe95"]);­
    }

And then show us everything it prints over the course of a few minutes, with a rough idea of the temperature and humidity the device is showing - and we might be able to work out how to decode it then

• The adafruit code appears to actually connect to the thermometer rather than just looking at advertisements, so I don't know how useful that is.

That's because data in advertisement is encrypted, see https://github.com/Magalex2x14/LYWSD03MM­C-info#encryption When connected there is no such encryption! And any device can connect without pairing so it all makes very little sense.

That's why I suggested alternative firmware - there is no such encryption nonsense there. And the firmware was developed from scratch (with Telink SDK available on github) and is opensource.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started