You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Would making boards for the espruino products available to the Arduino IDE

I this case, you'd want to completely overwrite Espruino with your Arduino code?

It's possible, but it feels like a support nightmare waiting to happen - for instance you'd definitely want libraries for the accelerometer/etc. It is just a standard nRF52 in the Puck though, so it should basically work as-is if you wanted it.

Having said that, trying to develop code while uploading wirelessly is super painful, and not something I'd recommend. If you were willing to solder to the Puck's SWD pads and GND (so just 3 wires) you could hook it up to a programmer and have a reasonably good experience with it right now - I believe https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/nrf­52832-breakout-board-hookup-guide would work.

I wasn't able to actually get it working with my puck.js

As I understand it, Adafruit actually uses their own bootloader that's based on a very early Nordic bootloader, so it wouldn't work with Espruino's more 'normal' one. I guess you might be able to upload with NRF Connect.

If I could do something where programming with the Arduino IDE was a nice experience then I'd definitely be interested in it - but I really think trying to write C code and upload via a wireless connection is going to be a super slow, painful process.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started