• Hi,
    I am experiencing exactly the same problems described by @Sebastian in his first post.

This is my setup:

• BangleJS Firmware version 2v08 stable.
    • PC OS: Xubuntu 20.04.2
    • PC Kernel version: 5.4.0.66
    • PC Bluetooth adapter: Intel 7260
    • BlueZ version: 5.53

The problems that happen to me more often are keystrokes not registered and keystrokes repeated several times (sometimes indefinitely until the next key press).
    I found out that the best way to reproduce both problems is following these steps:

• Assure that the BangleJS is connected to the PC.
    • Wait at least a minute without doing anything on BangleJS.
    • Cause a temporary disconnection on the PC (either due to long distance from the BangleJS or forcing a disconnection using the Bluetooth control interface).
    • Restore the Bluetooth connection.
    • Send several keystrokes.

The bug persists until I disable and then reactivate Bluetooth on both the PC and the BangleJS device.

@Sebastian, how did you manage to make HID keyboard work as expected?
    @Gordon, can there possibly be a fix for this problem in any cutting edge firmware version?

• Hi,

as I hinted in my previous post, I fixed a problem that I had which seemed to influence also the stability of Bluetooth HID by "Installing Default Apps" from the App Loader. I can't say what exactly the problem was, I somehow messed up the storage and maybe some important firmware parts with it, but afterwards it was much more stable.

That said, I still occasionally encounter these same issues (repeated keystrokes or no keystrokes registered at all), like maybe once out of 10 times. It's not the reliability of a wired solution connected via USB for example. I never used a Bluetooth device before, but my assumption is that's just how Bluetooth works and not necessarily a fault of the Bangle.

About

Avatar for Sebastian @Sebastian started