• Hello there,

It's been a week since i received my BangleJS watch (incredible project, kudos for that) but so far i've not be able to upload any application to it. I'm using a Linux based distro without any kind of gui available (pure tty console) and EspruinoTools.

I don't know if this is relevant in this forum because my troubles comes with the Bluetooth connection and are not from the device itself, but i'm looking for someone who succeeded into connecting the watch to a computer using Linux Bluetooth cli.

I've read a lot of Linux/Bluetooth dedicated forums, but with the recent deprecation of many tools used in the past and the confusion between Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth LE, it's been increasingly complicated for me to find relevant information and as i'm not familiar with the BT technology i'm currently overwhelmed.

According to this page, my controller is supposed to manage version 5.1 and below and i'm running everything as root so there is no permission problems.

I'm able to detect the device, pair and connect via :

bluetoothctl

but the EspruinoTools doesn't detect anything :

$ espruino
    Error: No Ports Found

And i have no success neither when i manually set the Bluetooth address :

$ espruino -p XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX (obvsly not the real value)
    Port "XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" not found
    Unable to connect!
    Done

The --verbose flag shows no other error nor warnings.

If i understand everything correctly, EspruinoTools needs a serial communication socket linked to the watch, but i'm unsure how to open one as every tool i've found and tried works only with Bluetooth Classic.

So, if anyone has any idea, i'd be glad to listen !

Best regards,

Gouwi

About