You are reading a single comment by @benjaminbenben and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • With the IDE, that's great! Thanks for the pointers, I'll have a dig and try and raise a PR. upload seems fine for my use case, I could just print "Hello from MicroChat" or something.

TIL about the emulator - that's amazing! wow.

With the prompt & buttons. I've been playing with a (sketchy atm) host/puck rpc wrapper. It's pretty similar to Puck.eval(…), but it lets you do async listeners and handles errors.

It lets you write browser code like:

await rpc('new Promise(resolve => setWatch(() => resolve(), BTN))')

console.log('Battery level: ' + await rpc('E.getBattery()'))

try { 
      await rpc('E.getButtery()') 
    } catch(e) {
       // Error - getButtery is not defined
    }

I'm still playing around, but I'm hoping that it'll make it easier to spread code between a page & microcontroller. So for chat button prompt for "light-on: yes/no" could be in react/telegram/wherever.

The other option I explored was puck = new PuckWorker('puck-script.js'), which would feel like a web-worker, but be running on a puck. You get a nice pattern for messaging, and puck-script.js would be espruino-only code, which might make it easier for more complex usage. Though I guess it's a bit of a different usage to having longer-lived scripts running.

Aw, his own rover sounds so much fun! (Perseverance is amazing 🤩).

Gonna check out your bookmarklet!

About