Strap Spring Bar Measurement

Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • This 'Suunto core adapter' just works fine for me with a normal 24mm lather strap.

1 Attachment

• leatherstrap.jpg
  • Nice - thanks for the picture!

• A very easy solution and very recommended for sports is to adjust a standard silicon strap with a cutter
    The best for comfort, durability and aesthetic is a Garmin strap 15mm (inner) and 22 (main), so just 2mm have to be removed.

Also I adjusted a spare P8 smartwatch strap (20mm silicon) and the result is more comfortable than the original but it requires more cutting and the result is less impressive than the Garmin.

2 Attachments

• bangle_and_straps.jpg
    • bangle_wGarmin_strap.jpg
  • Nice - that's great! What do you do for the strap pins, because I guess the original pins would stick out the side?

• Regarding using Garmin strap, I forgot to say that it is necessary to carve a bit the cutter the silicon that touch the case

Regarding the pin/bar/spring, I found different alternatives,

• the pin/bars that join each piece of the metalic strap(24mm) fit well
      -a thick steel paper clip, that requires to be cut.
      -cut the original bangle.js bar

Also I want to try screw cap bar of 25mm (they are used in some garmin models, like as fr935) but it would require to make bangle.js holes wider

2 Attachments

• bngle_garmin_carve.jpg
    • screw_cap_bar.png
  • I got some screw cap bar from a Garmin fenix 5 or fr935, the length is perfect but the diameter 2,2mm is too much even drilling inside the bangle.js holes.

So the perfect screw cap bar would be one of 1,5mm diameter, like the Suunto core adapter but shorter (22mmlength)

Any idea about where to buy this type of screw bars?

@tebarius in your photo it seems that you are using 2 short screw bars in each side of the watch. Is it possible or just the picture is hiding part of the bar?

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Strap Spring Bar Measurement

Posted by Avatar for Sn3akyP3t3 @Sn3akyP3t3

Actions