• Hi,

Q1: We'd really need to see the code, but my guess would be that maybe you have a setInterval that's redrawing your home screen, so you clear the screen but then at some point later it redraws anyway.

Q2: Bangle.js only has 2 zone touch - so an area on the left half (BTN4), and one on the right half (BTN5). It can use that to detect swipes left and right but it's not possible to get a pixel position on the screen, which it seems might be what you're after.

• Thanks a lot @Gordon.
    Actually I posted my query on the forum here and went off to sleep for the night while still pondering over what could have gone wrong, I realised it (while I was trying to sleep..lol), that I was using setInterval for my home screen and that is probably causing to paint the home screen immediately.
    And now I woke up with you also suggesting me the same.
    I am very sure now that setInterval is causing this behavior. Haven't worked on it as yet, but will do it soon.
    Thanks a lot once again!

Regarding not bein able to get touch event on a particular area/icon.. I am disappointed to know that I can't do it :( Isn't that something very basic a user would try to do on a smart watch? I even designed my screen like this (in the attachment) thinking on touch of the "Notes" Icon, the notes editor will be opened. So I have to change my design now, probably only one icon at a time on the screen or max 2..left and right.

Am also now concerned about my next step to implement. Since I have to implement the Notes Editor, it means that I need to implement a simple keypad. And now I am thinking, if touch on a particular key/image cannot be captured, then how do i show that this particular alphabet has been selected by the user to type in the notes. How am I going to achieve this? Any clues?

Thanks a lot!

1 Attachment

• 2020-12-09 (2).png
  • I am disappointed to know that I can't do it :( Isn't that something very basic a user would try to do on a smart watch?

Well, actually no or it depends, there are lot of watches without full touch. Touch can have issues in water or low temperatures. Also the screen is quite small so hitting specific points may be hard (e.g. when using gloves or riding bicycle or being old/having fat fingers). Depends what you want from your watch. I wouldn't consider it to be basic feature or even that much useful one. It is great thing on phone though.

If you desperately want full touch with Espruino on watch there is e.g. P8 that can be hacked to run espruino see http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­347237

About