• Hi,

Q1: We'd really need to see the code, but my guess would be that maybe you have a setInterval that's redrawing your home screen, so you clear the screen but then at some point later it redraws anyway.

Q2: Bangle.js only has 2 zone touch - so an area on the left half (BTN4), and one on the right half (BTN5). It can use that to detect swipes left and right but it's not possible to get a pixel position on the screen, which it seems might be what you're after.

• Thanks a lot @Gordon.
    Actually I posted my query on the forum here and went off to sleep for the night while still pondering over what could have gone wrong, I realised it (while I was trying to sleep..lol), that I was using setInterval for my home screen and that is probably causing to paint the home screen immediately.
    And now I woke up with you also suggesting me the same.
    I am very sure now that setInterval is causing this behavior. Haven't worked on it as yet, but will do it soon.
    Thanks a lot once again!

Regarding not bein able to get touch event on a particular area/icon.. I am disappointed to know that I can't do it :( Isn't that something very basic a user would try to do on a smart watch? I even designed my screen like this (in the attachment) thinking on touch of the "Notes" Icon, the notes editor will be opened. So I have to change my design now, probably only one icon at a time on the screen or max 2..left and right.

Am also now concerned about my next step to implement. Since I have to implement the Notes Editor, it means that I need to implement a simple keypad. And now I am thinking, if touch on a particular key/image cannot be captured, then how do i show that this particular alphabet has been selected by the user to type in the notes. How am I going to achieve this? Any clues?

Thanks a lot!

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started