BTN2 not working, even after updating firmware

Posted on
  • Takes about 15 seconds to show my clock after starting up. it is black in the meanwhile. after that i can not use BTN2 to get in the menu. Since BLE is turned off, I can not reinstall the default apps or whatever. Tried to update firmware via the iPhone app, nothing changed. Any ideas?

• Did you install something other than the default app? It might be there is an issue with one of the clock apps - if you could let me know which one I can see if I can reproduce/fix it here.

However, all you need to do to get it working is: https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js#reset­ting-without-loading-any-code

• Long-press BTN1 + BTN2 for about 6 seconds until the screen goes blank
    • Release BTN2 but keep pressing BTN1 while ==== goes across the screen
    • Keep holding BTN1 while Bangle.js boots
    • Release it - you should have the Bangle.js logo, version, and MAC address

So you go through the bootloader, and as long as it boots with BTN1 held down, it won't load any of your saved code. You can then connect with the App Loader and remove the offending clock app and/or try 'Install Default Apps' which is basically a factory reset.

• It worked, thanks! Cant remember exactly cause I didnt use the watch for 6 months since it wasnt working... My favorite apps which I mostly installed are:
    Launcer
    App Manager
    GPS Time
    RAM Widget
    Bluetooth Widget
    About
    RPG dice
    CPR Assist
    Notifications
    Timer
    Pedometer widget
    Vertical watch face
    Chrono
    Spirit Level
    Compass
    Battery Level Widget (with percentage)
    Hearth Rate Monitor
    Torch
    Mixed Clock 2
    Counter
    Bootloader
    Settings
    BangleRun
    Battery Warning

Hope this helps!

• Great! Thanks for the list! If you had an older firmware it's possible you hit a problem with the flash filesystem (that is now fixed in 2v08) and that managed to corrupt things.

• I had 2v06

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

BTN2 not working, even after updating firmware

Posted by Avatar for user122149 @user122149

Actions