You are reading a single comment by @allObjects and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @Gordon,

Ic.

Assuming the regulator on PixlJS was chosen with the optimum for PixlJS needs in mind, and a cap big enough to help over the current bursts could cause a reset - or at least a brown out - on connection.

So you suggest a change within the IDE. You already use that solution for flashing the ESP8266 on the Espruino-Wifi. You mention that an earlier post of this conversation.

I looked at the code and it is really the most user friendly solution: just wiring the things 'correctly' and use the flasher dialog to execute.

I took a peek at the code and wonder how to make the different pins known to the flasher. Currently, it is fixed to the pins as defined for Espruino-Wifi. But if I wire Original or Pico up the same way, I can use the current IDE to flash 'any' of the ESP8266... (except you check - for 'safety' and against 'brazen' users - the connected board... haha). Technically, a configuration option for the pins would do it - given for Espruino-Wifi - and user define-able for other boards. And for passing to the function, the option object could be the candidate.

For the first, simple implementation with a lot of user responsibility, an extra entry field for passing a pins object in JSON would be just fine. Empty field means the Espruino-Wifi defaults, not-empty field uses JSON.parse() for formal correctness and simple check for presence of the required pins provide already enough user safety.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started