Espruino v2.05 seems to run on Calliope mini

Posted on
  • Just as a very quick note:

Espruino v2.05 seems to run on Calliope mini as well (which was to be expected due to their similarities)

I still have to check how far the compatibility goes, however.

When I'll find some time...

With greetings from Germany,

Andreas Rozek

• Hi Andreas,
    have you had a chance to test it?
    The Calliope has the 32KB Version of the nrf chip, so that might help as well...
    Best
    Joern

• Hello Joern,

unfortunately not. Since time ran out (and my primary goal was to establish s.th. like a "remote control" for BBC micro:bit or similar between PC and board) I switched to the built-in BT services and used them (see https://rozek.de/Microcontrollers/MicroB­it/BoardControl/index_de.html, German only, however) Those services turned out to run stable, whereas Espruino did not.

Meanwhile, I bought an Oxocard, which looks much more promising (not from an Espruino perspective, but from its hardware in general) - but now, I first have to complete my online lectures for this semester before I'll find some time to get my hands on it.

With kind regards,

Andreas Rozek

• Actually I found a few issues with the micro:bit build a few weeks ago so it might be more stable now.

I don't know how far Calliope is taking inspiration from the micro:bit, but a new micro:bit is being released in a week or two with an updated processor: https://microbit.org/new-microbit/

If Calliope updates as well then you'll find Espruino runs really well on it.

• Hi Andreas,

thanks for your response.
    I have an Oxocard here (and I do like it) however, for what I have in mind the Calliope mini is better suited as it is by far not so resistant as I need it – and also I would like to see it running on the Calliope mini... ;)

Best
    Joern

• Hi Gordon,
    thanks for your answer.

"If Calliope updates as well then you'll find Espruino runs really well on it."
    However, the Calliope mini is quite similar to both iterations (features a lot from microbit v1 and a speaker and microphone of the v2).
    They released a version2 a couple of months ago, but that features additional hardware (a rather huge flash to store hex files for later use)...
    Best
    Joern

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Espruino v2.05 seems to run on Calliope mini

Posted by Avatar for Andreas_Rozek @Andreas_Rozek