You are reading a single comment by @Robin and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Many thanks for all help!

When I measure the I2C receives 4V4 from VBAT so maybe that's not sufficient.
    The 3.3 pin did not work either.
    Removing the the print line still leaves me with the same error (except of course the part related to the print command).

I really don't care about this specific display but as it failed just like the Nokia 5110, is there any specific LCD display you can recommend that you know will work with the Espruino boards?

• Thank you for the voltage readings @user118421

'Removing the the print line still leaves me with the same error'

As the errors bubble up, and therefore appear in reverse order, I would have expected a slightly different output, as the specific error related to calling the print() function is now not present.

Did you mean the same as in only the same for the first two line code block from #9 post perhaps? (I was attempting to determine if I2C was initializing [it's overhead] error free before attempting comm over the I2C bus)

Under the assumption 5V has to be the minimum input voltage, any other way to supply that, or only just the USB cable available at the moment?

'this specific display but as it failed just like the Nokia 5110'

Do we have a separate issue here with the 5110? There is a tutorial, but that is based on SPI rather than I2C.

http://www.espruino.com/Pico+Clock

I'm not a fan of using cutting edge builds for the existing tutorials, but as a consideration, would flashing to a previous version have a different outcome?

I have not tried or tested, but it might mean an additional step is required. I'll defer to others for this: (see code block under the schematic, beneath heading 'Power, and the FET/B0 Jumper')

https://www.espruino.com/Pico#micro-b-us­b

' Once the FET/B0 Jumper is shorted, the following commands will work:

digitalWrite(B0,0); // Turn on the 'Bat' output fully '

I'm not sure if 'Bat' means the VBAT pin 2 output, what the voltage might be, or whether this implies just a current boost. . . .

About