Play audio files with Espruino

Posted on
  • Hello,

Is it possible to play mp3s (or any other audio files) on an ESP32 (or any other microcontroller) using Espruino?

I have not been able to find any info on this, maybe I can stop looking?

Thank you

• Maybe take a look at: http://www.espruino.com/Waveform

You can't decode MP3s right now but if you write a raw audio file then you can play that. I'm not 100% sure how well it works on ESP32 but it's fine on the official boards anyway

• That is great, sorry for failing to find this information! I don't know very much about raw audio files but as the guide seems very clear this should be perfect and I'll run it on a Pico :)

• I was able to play raw audio files directly from the code and also from an sd card (on the original Espruino board) according to the instructions shown below but I have a speed issue.

Placing the raw audio inline it seems to be played at random speed. I should use the Base 64 option when converting? I believe I followed the instructions exactly but when the file is played the speed varies each time.

If I instead stream from the sd card it sounds like the file is played at very high speed. I believe I followed the instructions exactly but maybe I need to change some parameters in the streaming example?

3 Attachments

• wf1.png
    • wf2.png
    • wf3.png
  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About