You are reading a single comment by @rj and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Sun 2020.09.20

Thank you @user114366 for taking the time to think that through, setup, test, and post the results. I know that is time consuming and I'm sure we all can learn and appreciate what you have discovered.

Although I don't have time to setup and determine if I can duplicate, I now do notice that the variable is declared with both a 'let' and a 'var'

This may indeed be the key. Are you defining this differently, or as I read your proceedure verbatim, it appears to be duplicated after the edit, that way perhaps?

Just guessing as a way to prove/disprove the scoping issue you mentioned previously, or is the 'let' getting overwritten with 'var'?

MDN 'let'

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docsยญ/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Statements/letยญ

• No problem, I'm interested in figuring out if this is in fact an issue (or if I just don't understand what dump() is supposed to do) and getting it solved, as much as anybody ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Although I don't have time to setup and determine if I can duplicate, I now do notice that the
    variable is declared with both a 'let' and a 'var'

This may indeed be the key. Are you defining this differently, or as I read your proceedure
    verbatim, it appears to be duplicated after the edit, that way perhaps?

Yes, it seems to be duplicated. I haven't used var--thats why I guessed on the first code block (above the "pinMode"s) being a copy of my code after some kind of parsing ๐Ÿ™‚.

About the original issue: the real issue was me expecting the wifi-module to use at-commands for configuration (like the ESP8266WiFi_0v25 module). It was a mental lapse on my part.

About