Change Bangle Boot Logo

Posted on
  • I would like to change the boot logo and use my own when turn on Bangle.

Like Intel does with splashscreen procedures on their motherboards.

Anyone have done yet?

Regards

• Fri 2020.04.24

As a three year end user myself developing on the Espruino platform, I am proud to display the Tradename and Trademark of Bangle.js

As the thought wreaks of indolence I have to ask, Did you dedicate seven years full time in the design and development process proving the concept in the pursuit of running a proprietary Javascript interpreter on microcontrollers? Did you toil with all the frustrations making a dream and the concept work and then make formal presentations to gather funding to bring this treasure to the hobbyists of the world? And what of the twelve thousand forum posts made by @Gordon himself providing much needed assistance to all of us that now support the Espruino brand? Intellectual Property Rights and Copyright violations aside, What contributions to the Espruino community have been made by yourself?

What true purpose @user101316 is desired to be accomplished here?

• You can actually change the boot logo on Pixl.js now, but it's not something that's been made available on Bangle.js. It would only show for a fraction of a second after power on though - and no other time.

Right now you could change it, but you would have to compile and upload your own interpreter firmware. That's not such a big deal to do though.

• Hi Robin, thanks for our response.
    Like I said, Intel does allows their clients to do labeling on their products with splashscreen.
    The idea is not violate or steal nothing, the idea here is about labeling with your own custom image. Some clients like to have their own logo, just that.

If my clients buy it from me, I buy more from Gordon helping him to develop more great things like this.

What's your problem about that?

• If anyone else is interested in this, please could you post up? If it's something that's wanted then I can definitely add it.

• Hi Gordon, I create a .splash file into storage area with the simple code below:

g.clear();
    g.setFontVector(40);
    g.setColor(1,0,0);
    g.drawString("Hello",0,0); // 40px high in red
    g.setFontVector(40);
    g.setColor(0,1,0);
    g.drawString("World",40,40); // 40px high in green

Image is only shown when I upload the code. After a reboot nothing is shown.

I get the follow error below:
    Uncaught Error: Expecting first argument to a valid Image

• As I remember it has to be saved as image. Have a look here http://www.espruino.com/Pixl.js#splash-s­creen

• Thanks MaBe. It worked. :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Change Bangle Boot Logo

Posted by Avatar for user101316 @user101316

Actions