• Hi Joseph, I need to create this too. I will try and find something that will help us on the fall part. In the meantime, could you please explain how to do this part:

"Node-Red to take action on that button press with a Twilio webhook to send the kids a SMS."

I know about Twilio and how you can do the SMS part, but I don't know how to convert node-red into a web hook. this is my very first puck project (successfully importing your code into my puck was a yay moment for me (lol).

jen

• I use Twilio for a bunch of my tech tinkering. It is a programmable SMS and Voice service. The service lets you get a phone number for $1/month and each SMS is like 0.7 cents.

Once you get an account on Twilio and create a number, you can access the service a number of ways. The easiest in this case was to just install the Node-Red Twilio node and put my account credentials in.

https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-­node-twilio

I have the Espruino/Node-Red servers running on as Raspberry Pi Zero W which cost $10. Not including the power adapter but I have a ton of low power plugs laying around.

About