You are reading a single comment by @CarlF and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi. I got my Bangle some time ago, but what with the quarantine have rarely worn it for months. (I tend to only wear a watch when leaving my home, which I'm not doing very often.)

Today I did wear the Bangle. I noticed that after I wore it for about 30 minutes, the time/date reverted to 20:00 December 31 1969. (The watch has never had its battery drop to zero, FTR.)

I reset the time, and wore it all day with no problem. When I got back, I decided to install a couple of apps, because I don't like the morphing clock and the insanely-tiny-type pedometer. I made it discoverable, paired my phone, loaded the Bangle.js app loader page in Chrome on my Android phone, and tried to install the "Large Clock" app. The watch froze solid, the time stopped advancing and it didn't respond to anything short of the two-button reset. That restarted it ... thinking it was December 31 of 1969 again. I see that's expected behavior after a hard reset, but that does raise the question of why it did that spontaneously.

I was then able to install Active Pedometer, but the atempt to install GPS Auto Time failed with the terribly useful message: "Upload failed. Unexpected response."

Installing GPS Auto Time to fix the time travel problem required six attempts, and only worked after I turned on debug info. (I don't know if that was just a coincidence, of course.) However, despite the app loader claiming it was installed, GPS Auto Time is not in evidence and the time remains committed to the past.

I then updated to the 2.6 firmware. I still can't install GPS Time.

Clues? Hints? Suggestions? All are welcome. Questions are also welcome, if I can help debug this. Thank you.

About