You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks - but as noted I'm afraid I don't have the design files. However if you were redesigning the PCB IMO you'd be better starting from scratch and seeing if you could get a circular LCD screen on it as well. If you gave up on GPS I think it would actually be reasonably straightforward to get something working as you could re-use the existing flex PCB with the HRM, charge point and buttons on.

However the more sensible option would be to find another pre-existing smartwatch that had a nRF52840 in it and that also fixed a bunch of the things that the Bangle.js hardware doesn't really do right.

It's something I'm actively looking at for the future and I have a very solid candidate in mind, but I've got another 3000 Bangle.js watches arriving here in the next few weeks, and somehow I need to sell those first!

wrt nRF52840: I've actually done a bunch of work on that recently, and advertising/scanning works nicely. While the long range stuff hasn't been enabled, it should be relatively easy to add code to set the required flags to get it working.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started