• Updated / complemented posts #7 and #8 (EDIT 2020.0719-1559):

• Capacitive Touch device on the display - transparent film on top of glass of display - is definitely a 2 key circuitry and is connected to the 2-key Holtek H A2 A4 capacitive touch controller (4 key would have been really nice and better product design decision (There is similar controller for that available that for sure could have been made to fit. There are still 4 ports unused on the interrupt capable I2C connected IO Extender. Using them and the interrupt would have even saved a pin on the NRF52832).
    • K6N and K42 are dual NPN and PNP transistor arrays that drive the Vibration Motor, Speaker, Heart Rate Monitor LED, and Back Light of the display (and L9 is the revers / protection diode against transients from the vibration motor).
    • Q9|R9 are LDO 3.3Volt Voltage Regulators, one is IOX P0 enabled for enabling/powering GPS, and the other one is permanently enabled as the main LDO Regulator powering 'the rest'.
    • 65b924 LIPO single cell charge controller mast have a built-in polarity protection because I cannot find the usual diode for that else where on the main or flex board.
    • Power markers + (max 3.3V), B+ (up to 4.2V) and U+ (5V USB) added for distinction of the different power 'rails'. With charge controller having built in polarity protect, U+ is actually U- USB -5V when charge cable is connected 'the reverse/wrong way'. Did not test that but have not heard any complaints about fried watches nor fried myself one even though I cannot absolutely deny having ever connected the other way...
    • Resistors and capacitor network - white box with 2 resistors and one capacitor right next to the right bottom corner of display connector - is the voltage divider to measure the battery voltage. Measured +4.18V B+ and +1.950V at divider point. Measuring - powered off but still in circuit - 996K and 930K. Calculated divider point voltage would be about +2.0183V - a difference of 68mV... a 3.5% error... acceptable. Will see what BangleJS measures...
About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started