You are reading a single comment by @fanoush and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I am new to all this, however I have been hacking various nrf5200 boards for a while. Anyone here used the Particle Debugger for $20.00 USD from Adafruit. It is fairly amazing, drag and drop .bin and .hex boot loading.

Here is a long blog about what I was trying to do on PlatformIO

Since I am new to the forum can someone summarize their experience with the NRF52840 USB dongle or similar with espruino? I have 3 of them.

• Anyone here used the Particle Debugger for $20.00 USD from Adafruit. It is fairly amazing, drag and drop .bin and .hex boot loading.

It uses CMSIS-DAP, one of possible SWD implementations, feels better than stlink to me, e.g. can erase locked nrf52 chips, also works over USB HID so need no special usb drivers installed, also have UART included, I like it too. Don't have the one from Particle but there are also CMSIS-DAP implemenations for blue pill boards or STLINK V2 clones ($2 items). Interesting that the photo of Particle Debugger shows GD32F103 chip - clone of STM32F103.

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started