Bangle JS Parts

Posted on
  • Ok, sometimes I forget stuff - in any case this time I forgot to take off my BangleJS watch while welding. Duh! Touch seems to work still.

Is the front glass replaceable and if so where would I order that part from? Or are other parts available as the need may arise. :(

Thanks,
    Scott

• Argh, sorry to hear that. Still, it's not a bad way to go :)

I'm pretty sure the glass itself isn't replaceable, but you could change the watch body really easily. I don't have any spare at the moment, but it's something I'm actively working on getting more of. If you could wait a month or two I'm likely to be able to list them in the store - sounds like it's still working so that might be ok?

Your other option is to buy one of the original watches (DT No.1 F18) and use it as a donor. It'll be a bit cheaper than a new Bangle.js, but obviously won't have the firmware installed :)

• Hi, I've purchased an F18 watch to use for spares in the future. Is there any way of installing the Bangle.js firmware over Bluetooth in the meantime?

• I'm afraid not. There was some discussion about this a while back: http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­341679/

Basically if you want to buy an nRF52DK board, unscrew the Bangle's case and wire it up to the debugger and build your own firmware you can do it reasonably easily.

Flashing by Bluetooth is actually extremely tricky and requires the original bootloader that you read off the watch with some really dodgy tricks and then patch at the byte level, and it will still brick the watch about 5% of the time. It's not something I'd recommend at all.

• Cheers for the reply. The methods are both way beyond my capabilities so I guess I'll just have to use it as a spares donor then. The F18 software is pretty rubbish to be honest, not a patch on Bangle/Espruino.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle JS Parts

Posted by Avatar for user111277 @user111277

Actions