How do I flash a blank MDBT42q?

Posted on
  • Hi,

Okay so I've bought several pre-flashed MDBT42Q modules from the Espruino shop previously, but I wanted to try it on my own so I bought some blank ones. I connected the module to a 32khz crystal with 22pf caps, then connected its swd pins to my NRF52DK but I can never get anything on it. Not even a simple blink program. I double checked all my connections and used everything from simple drag-n-dropping to nrfGo studio. I also tried the same without an external crystal. What am I doing wrong? I designed a whole PCB for this and I would love to get answers.

Thanks!

• I moved this post to 'Other Boards' intentionally - I've just deleted the new post you made to the 'Official Boards' section.

If you decide you want to save a few quid by buying modules elsewhere and flashing yourself that's totally up to you, but I'm not going to provide the same level of support that I do for official boards.

You don't actually need a 32kHz crystal on the MDBT42 modules - they should work as-is. What you might be missing though is the full binary image with softdevice and bootloader. You'd have to build it yourself with https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/blo­b/master/README_Building.md

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

How do I flash a blank MDBT42q?

Posted by Avatar for user101065 @user101065

Actions