New: Image background clock

Posted on
  • I just added "Image background clock" to the App Loader - so you can finally get a clock with a nice background.

It does it by creating a small offscreen buffer for just the area where the time is, and then rendering the rest of the image from flash.

There are only 2 images right now, but it'd be great if you had some other images you'd like to add: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/t­ree/master/apps/imgclock

Should be pretty straightforward - add the image file (8 bit, web palette png) and then edit the list of images in https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/b­lob/master/apps/imgclock/custom.html#L16­ - x and y and the locations of the clock (so it doesn't go over the top of a nice bit of image)

• Ah, thank you! I've been wanting something like this, but am not proficient enough in js to research this more than an hour at a time due to work. I'll play around, as I have a few images I'd like to throw up to the app loader :)

• Just added the ability to upload custom image files via the UI. If you get a nice ones it'd be great if you could post them up

• Cool, I was trying to make something like this myself, but due to lack of time didn't complete it yet.

However, whenever I want to upload the clock I select a background, click on upload and get
    "Customise failed, TypeError: Espruino.transform is not a function"
    This is with 2v05 firmware on the watch, chromium browser under ubuntu 18.04

• Sorry about this - I pushed a 'minor' fix and didn't check it properly. If you try now it should be fixed.

• So the ability to upload images for a watch face is awesome. However, I quickly ran into a problem of each digit overlapping the previous one as each minute/hour/second passes. It very quickly changes the space-time continuum and reads 28:88:88. All bad jokes aside, any thoughts?

1 Attachment

• IMG_20200523_224632.jpg
  • Yep - pretty sure you've just got an old watch firmware and have hit the flash storage issue?

• 2v05?

//Edit//

Ah, 2v05.108. I'll update and see.

• Excellent. That was the issue. Thanks, Nebbish!

• Thanks, also, not so proficient with JS, but I'll try some things to see if its possible to load a few images to the watch, then through the buttons or touchscreen scroll through. Had something like that for my Pebble, using an array, but not sure how to do that in JS.

Thoughts?

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

New: Image background clock

Posted by Avatar for Gordon @Gordon

Actions