Weather App

Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • Sat 2020.04.25

Thanks for the clarification @NebbishHacker. While you both deserve credit, merging isn't quite the same as developing and presenting the concept, that credit earned.

'any way of doing completely arbitrary API requests at the moment'

@BobFrankston has made progress here, see #21 post.

• Alas, not much headway on the weather part until I get simple connectivity. Working on it.

• As @NebbishHacker says - right now you can't request weather from Gadgetbridge. It's possible we could work on a way to request it, but it may be that actually all Gadgetbridge would do in that case is push the last known weather info.

I guess it might be possible to add some kind of universal on-Bangle storage for Gadgetbridge - so like is done for the weather app, but just irrespective of what app is installed

• I guess it might be possible to add some kind of universal on-Bangle storage for Gadgetbridge

That would make sense. You could store all kinds of stuff like weather info, music state and info etc.

• Any way that I can contact gadgetbridge for the weather app? I am new to this watch and need as much help as I can get. Thank you, Hank

• Hi Hank,

you can start by reading the readme from the weather app³ itself: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/t­ree/master/apps/weather

It has also linked a guide how to setup the weather app² for GB: https://codeberg.org/Freeyourgadget/Gadg­etbridge/wiki/Weather

To summarize:
    1) Install GB widget and weather app³ to the Bangle
    2) Install GB android app on your phone (via the F-Droid package, NOT the google play store version)
    3) Install the additional android weather app² (see second link above)
    4) Setup weather app² and GB on your phone correctly (see second link above)
    5) connect GB app to your Bangle

Hope the helps to get started.

foot notes:
    ² - the Android weather app on your phone
    ³ - the BangleJS weather app from the app loader

• Was there ever a message devised to request updated/new weather from Gadgetbridge?

I have been digging through documentation but haven't found any.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Weather App

Posted by Avatar for NebbishHacker @NebbishHacker

Actions