You are reading a single comment by @AkosLukacs and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I have used later versions without problem. Right now I have 2v04.406 on two ESP32 boards (one TTGO T-display, one generic).

One thing could be the power supply: Espruino turns on the wifi radio right at boot and both cores at full power without sleep. Significantly higher power draw, and that may cause a brownout with Espruino with the same power supply & cable that works with Arduino or Micro Python. Since (AFAIK) those don't turn on the radio at boot by default.

Can you try a shorter / better USB cable and adding some extra decoupling capacitor on the board?

• Thanks AkosLukacs.

I've tried with many different cables including a very short one (14 cm) without success.

In addition I've tried all the releases since the 1.96 up to the last and every old release older than the 2.00 work fine. Therefore I do not think the issue is caused by random element like a cable quality o board specific configuration.

More probably from the 2.1 on the bootloader or the main image contains some code that can cause the issue systematically. It is clear that there must be a specific reason on my board, but it was there since the the earlier version.

About

Avatar for AkosLukacs @AkosLukacs started