You are reading a single comment by @Purple-Tentacle and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I have the 2v05.1, and GPS still works.
    Went for a walk last afternoon, and the track data shows where I was looking for the path circling in one spot. :)

One thing to note: The bangle has to download GPS data (almanac, all kinds of info) before it can determine your position via GPS itself. That does take some time.
    In my case the first ~500m of my walk is missing. Pretty open sky, only single level family houses around.

In comparison, your phone can download GPS info via internet, and has all kinds of helping info like mobile cell towers, wifi hotspots, and of course your last known location. So usually it can get a pretty good location guess in seconds.

So just leaving the Bangle with GPS app running outside with a good view of sky should get the required GPS data.

• The bangle has to download GPS data (almanac, all kinds of info) before it can determine your position via GPS itself.

Is that data stored for the next GPS fix? If yes, when will it get deleted?

• Is that data stored for the next GPS fix? If yes, when will it get deleted?

AFAIK (an I'm not even close to an expert, and didn't read uBlox's datasheet) the data is stored by the GPS module until it's expired.
    So the next GPS fix will be pretty fast compared to the first one.

About