You are reading a single comment by @Robin and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • It sounds a little like your computer is never getting to the puck.js:362 Got service line - which is where the connected device is scanned for the 'services' is offers

Yep. Tried that, got to the ' Connected' and nothing else.

If I go to chrome://bluetooth-internals, go to 'Devices' and click 'Start Scan' it finds 'Bangle.js 03ed'. Then if I click 'Inspect' it shows stuff, and then sits with a loading spinner in the 'Services' section. So, something does seem to be wrong with it scanning for services.

I wish there was some other software I could use on my PC to test the connection to the watch -just to determine whether the problem is with the Bluetooth on my laptop or with Chrome on my laptop.

Hmm - if I go to chrome://bluetooth-internals and "inspect" my Fitbit Charge, then Chrome lists some Services to me (I don't know what they mean, but at least it's doing it). So Chrome seems to be working in general with Web Bluetooth

If I go to chrome://bluetooth-internals on my phone, and inspect the Bangle, then that lists services.

It doesn't look as if it's the Bangle, because my phone seems to work OK with it, but it doesn't seem to be my laptop/Chrome either, because that works with other things. So, I'm baffled.

I'm going to see if I can pinch a child's laptop and try from that...

(PS - not a random child on the street, one of my children :-) )

• Wed 2020.03.25

ref post #13    'If I go to chrome://bluetooth-internals, go to 'Devices' and click 'Start Scan' it finds 'Bangle.js 03ed'. Then if I click 'Inspect' it shows stuff, and then sits with a loading spinner in the 'Services' section. So, something does seem to be wrong with it scanning for services.'

If this is any reassurance, I just loaded the internals page and attempt to click on the 'Inspect' link for my Bangle. Rather than populate the dialog box (I double checked the 6 hex address) with info on Bangle, the scan is for a completely different device!!

Does the same thing happen on your inpsection?

It does identify a previously paired but not connected Puck, and the same error condition applies there also.

love this @Raik post #11 find:
    chrome://bluetooth-internals/#devices

DfuTarg F0:93:94:0A:15:7D Unknown Unknown Not Connected InspectForget

Bangle.js 157c F0:93:94:0A:15:7C Unknown Unknown Connected InspectForget

not correct Status box - note incorrect address

Name:  Unknown or Unsupported Device (0D:E6:DC:C9:EF:22)
    Address:  0D:E6:DC:C9:EF:22
    GATT Connected:  Not Connected
    Latest RSSI:  Unknown
    Services:  Unknown

Starting to appear to be Chrome or 'internals' on Windows10

About