You are reading a single comment by @Paul and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Is it possible you paired with the OS first? The way Web Bluetooth works it actually works a lot better if you don't pair first.

I'd expect that a Bluetooth 5.1 adaptor would be fine, but it does sound like there's something odd going on there. Have you got the latest drivers installed for it?

• Is it possible you paired with the OS first? The way Web Bluetooth works it actually works a lot better if you don't pair first.

I didn't originally, and Web Bluetooth didn't work. Then I tried pairing it with the OS to see if it could pair (it could), and if it made the Web Bluetooth work (it didn't - Web Bluetooth couldn't even see the Bangle then). Then I unpaired it from the OS, and the Web Bluetooth still didn't work (but could see the Bangle again)

I'd expect that a Bluetooth 5.1 adaptor would be fine, but it does sound like there's
    something odd going on there. Have you got the latest drivers installed for it?

I upgraded the drivers to see if that made any difference - it didn't.

I downloaded Opera (which apparently supports Web Bluetooth as well) to see if I could get it to work with that (in case it was a Chrome problem), but I must be doing something wrong with that as well, because that just comes up with an error when I press 'Connect' - it doesn't even get as far as Chrome does. I don't seem to be the only person who has problems with Opera and Web Bluetooth, but I couldn't find a solution which worked, so I gave up on that.

I'm totally baffled. I'm an IT person, and a programmer, but I don't have much experience with Bluetooth except as a user, so I don't know where to start debugging... If it was an Ethernet/IP connection problem, I'd be in there with Wireshark, but I don't know if there's an equivalent for Bluetooth.

Is there anything I can upload to the Bangle to tell me more information about the Bluetooth connection which may help diagnose this? I seem to be able to connect to it fine from my Android phone, so I should be able to upload an app from that even if I can't really do development on it.

Would downgrading the firmware to 2v04 (if I can figure out how) be worth trying?

About